Pokemon Terra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Terra

The Terra Region is Heavily forest with dense fields and rolling plains it is a paradise that nevertheless poses a challenge for most trainers.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Survival Test

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Location : Midgard, Atmos, Terra, Bitroyal, Earth, Hell, Dusk City

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Survival Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/8Survival Test - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/8)
Trainer Exp:
Survival Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/10000Survival Test - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10000)

Survival Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm

"Kalyx is serious because I often take that approach to her. I think she takes proving herself very seriously because there is no lack of others who doubt her…..including, I am ashamed to admit, me. . I truthfully believe she is too young but her Father thought otherwise and she began her journey early.”

Ibrixses gave a severe look at Maria's observation, "We'll see how well your Eevee holds up the rest of the way back. It isn’t possible for non-natives to get used to here instantaneously; it takes time and to be honest there will always be a disadvantage they will have because their genetics aren’t made to make them survive her explicitly. It takes a lot of hard work to get over all the disadvantages and your Eevee is only getting a washed down version. Its spring thaw, dangerous but weaker than winter and winter is when the challenges come. Simply put…don’t overestimate or Terra, the land itself, will berate that confidence. My master taught me that lesson first before anything. You need confidence but never forget to exercise humility; something my daughter also has yet to learn truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Maria nods understanding what Ibrixses was getting at. "I understand what its like to be doubted my brother doubted I could even catch ONE Pokemon and I proved him wrong since I caught two." Though she did not catch Spinarak he just took a liking to her but Gastly she had work REALLY hard to capture. But she also loved and had a bond with her Pokemon which helped as well most could not catch a Pokemon without battling it first, she was destined for great things like Kaylx was but she just need some work.

Maria looked toward Nao as Ibrixses explained all that it was clear her Pokemon was getting worn out, she frowned toward her. "Nao I think you should take a break why don't you come up here?" She asked cheerfully.

Nao's ears drooped she was tired she gave a tired. "Eevee.." And scrambled up Mamoswine to rest on Maria's shoulder it was her usual spot.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Survival Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/8Survival Test - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/8)
Trainer Exp:
Survival Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/10000Survival Test - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10000)

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Glaceon showed more of a natural endurance; it didn't take damage from any elements of the nature that surrounded it and it didn't seem to make mistakes. It was a formidable pokemon but it was NOT a Gym Pokemon. Ibrixses never used her Glaceon in Gym Battles.

"I am impressed that you were humble enough to take Kalyx's advice and to ask me for help. Trainers often have a difficult time with both so perhaps there is something for you to gain out of this."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Maria smiled. "Well I guess I am a LOT different then the others huh? I know I am not the best trainer yet and need to improve and you really think will earn something out of this?" She blushed a bit getting compliments like that from a Gym Leader was a bit overwhelming for the girl.

Nao smiled as her trainer blushed deeply from Ibrixses comment but she was glad her trainer had been wise enough to take Kalyx a trainer WAY younger then her's advice. Nao was proud that Maria was humble enough to admit her shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Ibrixses smiled softly at seeing the trainer and Pokemon together reflecting pleasure in each other's strengths, "When I glance at you, you and your Eevee remind me so much of myself and my starter when I was beginning out. Kalyx also does at times....they are good memories to relive."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Maria smiled as she patted Nao on the head rubbing behind her ears she knew her Pokemon liked that her blush fading away sort of like it was not there to begin with. "I bet it does I can't wait till I am reliving my days as a rookie trainer hopefully I might be a Gym Leader or part of the Elite Four." Both of those were aspirations for Maria and she knew it was going to be a long road till she got strong enough to be either.

Nao happily nuzzled against her Maria's hand, she vowed to stay by her trainer side no matter what hardships they came across along the way and she knew there would be MANY. But she had hope that they would overcome every single obstacle that came in their path.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 pm

"Perhaps you will, I for one never foresaw this path for myself but it just came to be," she said softly, "But first you have to gain the strength and ability to make those aspirations more than dreams. That kind of training will start tomorrow. You two are too tired to be of use in training today."

She slipped down Mamoswine's back and gently placed her face into its thick bulk and returned it to its Pokeball after helping Maria down.
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Maria yawned quietly as she had gotten off of Mamoswine the ice was hard under her feet so she did not fall which she was glad of she would die of embarrassment if she fell flat on her face in front of a Gym Leader. "Well I did not plan to start training today me and Nao traveled here directly from the Pokemon Center in Cluna town I was looking for a Ralts that was until I ran into Kalyx." She said with a tired smile.

Nao being more tired was already fast asleep cuddled against her trainers neck, she had been tired for quite awhile but she was just as stubborn as her trainer was and wanted to show her how strong she was she did love Maria deeply.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 pm

"That is quite a journey, nothing to laugh at. Why don't you spend the night with me? I live at the Gym and you can bunk there while you train around these areas."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Maria nodded. "I know I am about to pass out." She said with another yawn. "Okay that sounds good to me could do with a nice soft bed." She said deciding to put Nao in her Pokeball to rest more till they got to the Gym, Maria was having trouble keeping her eyes open, which proved just HOW tired she was.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 pm

"Of course, follow me," she stepped toward the Gym and calmly unlocked it. The interior of the Gym was extremely dark. The floor was cut out and replaced with pool of frigid water that had icebergs and floes in its depths, "Do make sure to watch your step. At night this level of the Gym is extremely dark, the Pokemon like it that way. If you have any water types you are free to cast them into the water so they maybe more comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Maria smiled making sure to watch her steps. "Ok I'll be careful." She said as she removed her heavy winter jacket she did not have ANY water type Pokemon as of yet she did want one or two she did mainly want dark type Pokemon but she was well aware it was good to have a team of Pokemon that were many different types. She did let Gastly and Spinarak out to explore a bit. "Now you two be careful and Gastly do not cause to much mischief." Spinarak just scuttled around curiously doing good in the dark. Gastly just floated about making funny faces it was something he enjoyed doing.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Ibrixses chuckled, "Arcanine can keep anyone in the Gym in line," ....well except for Reox, she thought with a small smile. She reached inside and pulled out what appeared to be a MASSIVE Conch Shell; at second appearance it was noticable that she was holding a Cloyster, "How's our little one doing today? Hmmmm? Still shy?"
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Maria smiled. "Oh don't worry Gastly is harmless he just likes to play scare people right Gastly." He smiled and licked her cheek. "Gas..Gastly.." He closed his eyes, she giggled. "Hey stop it Gastly that tickles!" Her eyes went wide as she pulled out the Cloyster. "Oh wow a Cloyster this is the first time I have seen one up close." She KNEW Ibrixses was most likely referring to a Shellder she had ALWAYS wanted one of them.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 pm

"This is one of my Gym Pokemon - the Grand Defender of my team. A lot of challengers don't get past Cloyster even with his weaknesses. Every season several of my Pokemon breed with wild Pokemon and produce eggs. I hatch those eggs and they become starters for individuals who leave on their journey from Azhure Point. Even Kalyx got one, know her Sneasel?"
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Maria smiles as Gastly just floats around keeping an eye on Spinarak making sure he did not get into trouble he knew how curious the little spider Pokemon could be and knew he often got into trouble he was clicking his pincers as he scuttled about. "Yeah I do Nao and Gastly battled it so they know it first hand he's quite a feisty thing he made Gastly faint and nearly took out Nao so it came from here, huh? it sure likes to battle to." He had been a good opponent for Nao to face she loved battle as much the dark and ice type Pokemon did.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 pm

"I gave it to Kalyx for just that purpose. Its nature makes it difficult to train and only Kalyx can restrain the negative while drawing out the positive aspects of Sneasel. She sounds like she used him masterfully in battle. I'm relieved but she still has much left to learn from him."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Maria nodded. "Yeah she did I had a hard time keeping up with her strategies, which shows I have got lots to learn do but that battle was a real eye opener to what my flaws are even more then her harsh but true words." She said with a light laugh as she watched Spinarak scuttle around he really was still not used to things other then forests and trees.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm

"You do, but so does she. Knowing Kalyx as I do though she is very intelligent when it comes to Pokemon training. She'd know strategem and tactics with Pokemon battling before she'd know how to play around and have fun. Dusk City was bad for her in that; it left her an opportunity to get close to her Father but not to be a true kid."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Maria nodded. "Yeah I guess we differ in that aspect when I was her age I did not even think of Pokemon well seriously I just thought they were cute so I got to be a kid growing up, so all this strategy is new to me. I do not regret having a childhood but having experience in battling would have been a big help..my mother used to say a life without being a kid is no life at all." Maria even saw how much Kalyx looked up to and admired her father and hung on his every word, Maria deep down envied her bond with Reox as she had been to young to get to know her own father before he died.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 pm

"I never allowed her to watch my Gym battles and she rarely interacted with my Pokemon. Reox took an opposite approach allowing her access to both. I think she matured a bit faster to prove herself to me, to others, and to Pokemon. Kalyx just takes things too seriously because everyone doubts her because of her age."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 am

Maria smiled. "I did not doubt her because of her age at all, I have no right to do that when I am still a kid myself I could tell she was very mature for her age I mean at five I was never as mature and strong as she seems to be, my brother said at five I was a HUGE crybaby and cried about everything." She blushed as she sometimes did cry but it now was mainly out of concern for her Pokemon if they got hurt, she absolutely could not stand to see them in pain or suffering in any shape or form.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:14 am

"You blushed, what for?" she smiled softly in a maternal smile. Perhaps because she'd been talking about her own daughter and missed her or because she just felt maternal to children in general. It felt natural to safeguard others to her.
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 am

Maria giggled rubbing the back of her head. "Oh I was blushing? umm well I was just remembering I sometimes still cry but ONLY if my Pokemon are hurt I hate to see them hurting." She returned her smile the way she smiled at her reminded her of her own mother whom she loved as dearly as Kalyx loved her father she really missed her mother.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 am

"I'll tell you something.....no one likes seeing their Pokemon hurt but people LOVE Pokemon battles? Why is that?" she didn't give her much time to answer and it is likely she just wanted her to listen, "Its because the conflict and the friendship it breeds is worthwhile. It strengthens bonds; between trainers, between Pokemon, between nature. The nature of battling is winning and losing, in the course of that struggle being hurt is inevitable but you have to remember that win or lose you'll gain something from that struggle. If you lose you'll learn lessons that will make you stronger next time, if you are a winner you gain confidence and perhaps learn some new strategies. Both sides will learn more about themselves and their Pokemon."

"What is something that you learned from your battle with Kalyx? Something explicit, some strategy that fell through when used against her....I'll explain to you what and you'll know why it did for next time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival Test
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Terra :: Terra Region :: Azhure Point-
Jump to: