Pokemon Terra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Terra

The Terra Region is Heavily forest with dense fields and rolling plains it is a paradise that nevertheless poses a challenge for most trainers.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Survival Test

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

Survival Test - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 am

Maria had no time to respond to her first question so she just listened, this was a lesson after all. She knew that all that Ibrixses said was true she had to realize that there was no way to avoid her Pokemon getting hurt to think such a thing was unrealistic there was always a chance of injury in a battle, sometimes minor and sometimes severe. But she could not cry at every injury they got it was not good and clouded ones judgment one must go into a battle with a clear head otherwise you may as well pack your bags and head on home.

Maria thought about it. "Ummm well I learned that I should not have used Destiny Bond so early in my battle with Sneasel I sort of forgot it did not last the whole battle and no matter how hard I tried to end that battle before it wore off she always had a strategy to prevent me from making Sneasel faint...and she did heavy damage to Gastly so much so I had to return him."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Location : Midgard, Atmos, Terra, Bitroyal, Earth, Hell, Dusk City

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Survival Test - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/8Survival Test - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/8)
Trainer Exp:
Survival Test - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/10000Survival Test - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10000)

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 am

"Destiny Bond looses its effectiveness with a trainer that knows its rules. Kalyx is one of those trainers. She has been raised amongst Dark and Ghost types in living with her Father and I have no doubt her Father's Haunter has used it before to where she knows firsthand how to "dance" around it. Destiny Bond works for one turn after it is used. That's it. Now I am under the impression after that attack she didn't finish you with an attack. It was so she could avoid Destiny Bond's cluthes. After a single turn the bond between the opposing Pokemon is broken, fades away. She was killing a turn and she probably did it to her advantage by doing something like strengthening her stats."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 am

Maria nods. "Yeah she did exactly that she raised its stats to waste and turn then used Faint attack for severe damage I had also tried to use Hypnosis but she had him use Double Team so there was a bunch of copies I tried using it on all the copies but she beat that to, so she had a counter strategy for everyone I used even when I thought I had the upper hand."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Survival Test - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/8Survival Test - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/8)
Trainer Exp:
Survival Test - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/10000Survival Test - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10000)

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 am

"Her strategies are far more complex than I would've thought for one her age perhaps she was....ready," she said as if admitting something to herself, "Well let's get you some dinner and we'll start training tomorrow. Cheer up, I can teach you another way to the heart of a Pokemon," she smiled and winked, "through their stomach. Normally only contest stars come to me for Poffin lessons but Pokemon love them and they raise friendship too."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 am

Maria smiles. "Yeah I was shocked to she is really gonna go places maybe even farther then me." Maria's stomach growled loudly causing the girl to blush deeply she rubbed her stomach Gastly floated over to her at the mention of food. XD "Yeah I am pretty hungry and I think those lessons will come in handy I may down the road try my hand at some of the Pokemon contests..and I am doing lots of stuff to boost Nao's happiness and I know she is not going to evolve into Umbreon if all I do is groom her or have her do battle."
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 pm

"You only go as high as you soar; how far and where you go depends solely upon your efforts. You are on the right track for friendship but it takes a LONG time," she lead the way into the kitchen and turned on some lights.

"Take my Mamoswine. I have only reach such an intense bond with it over YEARS of work. I met it when it was a Swinub years and years ago. Time is your ally because it makes bonds stronger over itself. Don't underestimate companionship, spending time with your Pokemon just for fun. It works just as well, if not BETTER, than all that glamour and growth. You have to know them and they have to know you....intimately."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Maria followed her Spinarak and Gastly at her heels she had let Nao out she was hungry to. "I know it takes a long time its not a instant thing." She would be silly to think it would just happen in a mere blink of an eye, such thoughts would be rather absurd to say the least.

"I know that I try and keep no secrets from Nao I sense when she is sad or upset and she also senses when I am sad or feel down. But I'll admit I need to work on my bond with Gastly and Spinarak as well I have been more focused on Nao, is that a bad thing?" She asked she knew if anyone could answer that question for her it was Ibrixses.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 pm

"Sadly enough, yes. You cannot neglect the growth of other Pokemon in favor of another......any Pokemon in your care is there because they want to be with you. It isn't doing them right to ignore them. It isn't easy for I know Kalyx favors her Larvitar heavily, on another note I know she has already caught a full team and is struggling to focus her attention to them without showing favoritism. It's hard; a trainer often has a Pokemon they lean heavily upon. For Gym Leaders it normally is a Pokemon that embodies their battling philosophy. Its called a "pillar" Pokemon and they use it for support. My pillar Pokemon was my starter, Weavile. I am a speedy attacker in gym battles and Weavile embodies that PERFECTLY. I tend to favor it as a battler but I certainly give plenty of time to other Pokemon on my team because we are just that - a team!"
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Maria frowned knowing that not paying as much attention to Gastly and Spinarak could lead to trouble in a gym battle. "I know that was not good its not that I neglect them I just count on Nao more heavily then the both of them..I feel pathetic now..looks like I have more to learn about teamwork..to it seems I have so many things to improve on some trainer I am." She said with a light sigh her Pokemon sensing her mounting distress got closer to her, Nao nuzzled her leg and Spinarak scuttled onto her head which was his usual rest spot and Gastly just made funny faces to cheer her up.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Ibrixses was stirring batter for some food and she looked sympathetic, "Its not easy; learning right from wrong is something done with time and experience. You lack both but in time you will be rich in both. Just give yourself time to grow; you'll change for the better. I know it!"
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 am

Maria was reassured by her words much to her Pokemon's great relief Nao especially she nuzzled her leg more affectionately and Spinarak just let out a happy. "Spin Spin Spinarak!" Which made it clear he was happy that Maria cheered up. Gastly licked her cheek as well smiling afterword. "Yeah your right I just started my adventure and I know in time I will be a better trainer I just gotta stick to it and never give up or back down!" She said passionately, she knew beating herself would not help matters any so she got rid of any negative thoughts that sprang up in her mind and locked them away as deep inside her as she could.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 am

"That's right but for good measure tomorrow I will ask that you focus on training for a full day with Gastly and Spinarak, "Your adversaries shall be Weavile and Cloyster. This won't be a "real" battle per say but we'll do some legitimate fine-tuning to their attacks and lay down the ground work for a new one."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 am

Maria nods. "Okay It is for the best since I have neglected training them since my battle with Kalyx but that was mostly because of journeying here without much rest, alright but glad it is not a real battle because I'd stand no chance." She said with a light giggle any trace of her worries or doubts were gone, she was back to her normal cheerful and positive self.

Gastly grinned he was looking forward to training he had not battled in ANY shape or form since battling Alex's Pucold that had long since evolved into a Iceaperd but that battle had brought out some of its latent abilities such as Sucker Punch.

Spinrak clicked his feelers he to was excited about training, but also a tad scared since he was much MUCH smaller then Cloyster and Weavile. He would get past it though he was not that scared just a tad intimidated. XD
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:12 pm

"Just because its not a real battle doesn't mean the lessons are going to be easier. This is a serious issue so you'd do well not to get careless and let down your guard."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Maria nodded. "I will not let my guard down I know this will not be easy whether it is a real battle or not a good trainer never lets her guard down ever." Maria did have the drive and determination to be a good trainer she just needed to be pointed in the right direction. She'd allow Ibrixses to mold her into a strong trainer and she hoped she'd be a good student to her.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Ibrixses nodded, turning her attention to a cutting board on the counter in front of her. A fine tapping noise sounding out at even intervals of time.

Tap, tap, tap.

She cut first vegetables, then meat, and dumped the remnants of both into a pot. She chose spices in a thoughtful through process with selectively stingy regard.
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:40 am

Maria's stomach rumbled as she watched her put the vegetables and meat in the pot, she did not remember the last time she had eaten it had been at least three days ago but she of course kept her Pokemon well fed their health and well being were far above her own at least in her opinion. She ceased asking Ibrixses questions till she was finished preparing the food she did not want to be a burden or a pain she just had ALOT of questions for her.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Ibrixses was extremely knowledgeable; she knew much about a wide variety of topics which included both her specialties and whatever she didn't specialize in. Her tone however never betrayed the fact that she believed friendship was the key of potential between human-Pokemon relationships and performance.

"Okay then," she said as she wiped up her hands after finished spicing the minced meat and vegetables, "Have at least an hour for that to settle. Let's start a foundation. I need to get Spinarak used to combat on a sleek surface. It will take the better part of several days for Spinarak and Nao used to combat on an icy surface."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Spinarak jumped off of Maria's head clicking his pincers, he was ready to prove to Maria he was not useless in a battle, he did not hate his trainer for neglecting him a bit in favor of Nao since she was Maria's starter after all.

Nao bounded beside Spinarak tail wagging in excitement she was ready and raring to go for the training that Ibrixses had in mind, She did not wish to have a repeat performance of earlier in the day when she nearly fell into the ice.

Maria nodded smiling brightly. "Ok! Nao and Spinarak I want you to do your best and Gastly you watch to!" She was well aware that Gastly would need to keep note of Nao and Spinarak's training when he had legs when and if sometime down the road he evolved into Gengar.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:14 pm

(lol, Gengar levitates too. It has feet but naturally it levitates so it still wouldn't matter.)

Okay then she quietly stepped into the dark room, "Cloyster, Ice Beam"

An ice beam came from below the water and froze her pool solid under a layer of ice.

Even without skates Ibrixses could balance and watch barefooted over the ice with precision or trace of slipping, "Let's see how these two fare after you of course. I want you, without your Pokemon to walk all the way over to me with as little slipping as possible."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 am

(lol oh I forgot about that XD)

Maria nodded. "Okay." She then stepped onto the ice taking her time as she walked to Ibrixses she only slipped once but caught her balance before she fell onto the ice which spared her a lot of embarrassment as she got to Ibrixses she asked. "Ummm did I do good?" She hoped she did or she would be a bit upset.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 pm

She chuckled, "Have you ice skated before?"

It was in a kind, patient tone that she asked this question, "If it is so than this should be a lot easier because your balance can be placed equally over a greater area, the sole of you feet rather than a narrow blade. Shoes make it MUCH harder than it has to be. Your skin provides the best traction however most trainers dislike the cold sensation that accompanies that traction."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Maria shook her head. "No not really tried it before but stopped doing it when I was like six because I was not good at it." She blinked. "So you want me to try it without shoes huh? okay I'll give it a shot." She said with a light smile as she removed her shoes and socks she shivered when her bare feet touched the ice, but she found it was much easier then it had been with her shoes on. She was very VERY grateful for the advice that Ibrixses was bestowing upon her coming all the way to Azhure Point was a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Divanite
Admin
The Dark Divanite

Bag
Trainer Lv:
Badges:
Trainer Exp:

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm

"It's a shock isn't it? Pokemon that does not or cannot fight upon ice is like a human trying to walk upon it with shoes. The training isn't easy but its a possibility," her eyes flashed and she threw a Pokeball, "Go, my partner!"

Weavile burst out of his Pokeball and skated lithely over the ice to where it was barely visible, "Now I want you to slow down, Weavile. Our students have to be able to see what you are imparting to them to learn from it after all."
Back to top Go down
Nao Yuuki

Nao Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Maria giggled. "Yeah it is with my shoes on I felt like I was going to fall on my bottom but without shoes I am more balanced." She said shrugging her shoulders as she sent out Weavile she saw how easily it moved on the ice she wondered if Nao and Spinarak would be able to do that after training she really hoped so she desperately needed to work on battling on the ice. She was going to make sure they got through this she knew that coming her was worthwhile despite how physically demanding it would be for not only herself, but also her Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survival Test   Survival Test - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival Test
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Terra :: Terra Region :: Azhure Point-
Jump to: